Request for Proposal on Recruitment & Temporary Labour
- The buyer wanted to go out to the market to consider a new Recruitment and Temporary Labour Agent.
- The business was not really unsatisfied with the incumbent provider, but wanted to consider alternative solutions that could include additional services as well as lower costs.
- Spend £1,200,000 a year for several sites across the United Kingdom.
- Contract had not been renegotiated for years.
- A structured Request for Proposal (eRFP) process was initiated.
- Stakeholder requirements added to the eRFP - suppliers were asked how they would handle things like Management Reporting, Quality Systems, Online booking etc.
- Documents like purchasing terms & conditions, Service Level Agreement, Ordering & Management processes etc. uploaded to the eRFP.
- 50+ suppliers invited.
- To participate suppliers had to accept an NDA in order to be allowed access to the eRFP.
- Suppliers were given 2 weeks to complete their response Built-in Question & Answer process to handle all queries.
- About 20 suppliers could not meet the requirements so were excluded from the process
- 29 suppliers were capable of handling the contract
- Price indications showed a very tight competition and it was decided to proceed to an eAuction negotiation prior to award of contract