An Easier Solution Leads to Big Volume Increases
- The buyer wanted to go out to the market to consider a new Recruitment and Temporary Labour Agent.
- The business was not really unsatisfied with the incumbent provider, but wanted to consider alternative solutions that could include additional services as well as lower costs.
- Spend £1,200,000 a year for several sites across the United Kingdom.
- Contract had not been renegotiated for years.
- A structured Request for Proposal (eRFP) process was initiated.
- Stakeholder requirements added to the eRFP - suppliers were asked how they would handle things like Management Reporting, Quality Systems, Online booking etc.
- Documents like purchasing terms & conditions, Service Level Agreement, Ordering & Management processes etc. uploaded to the eRFP.
- 50+ suppliers invited.
- To participate suppliers had to accept an NDA in order to be allowed access to the eRFP.
- Suppliers were given 2 weeks to complete their response Built-in Question & Answer process to handle all queries.
- About 20 suppliers could not meet the requirements so were excluded from the process
- 29 suppliers were capable of handling the contract
- Price indications showed a very tight competition and it was decided to proceed to an eAuction negotiation prior to award of contract
The tools are proving to be very successful and simple to use. scanmarket takes a ‘can-do’ approach and provides first class support.